BJ Kirby Insurance Agency


What to do if you’re involved in an Accident:
  1. Help anyone injured and immediately call the police. If you or any of your passengers are injured, seek medical help as soon as possible.
  2. If you can, move your vehicle off to the side of the road. If your vehicle is still drivable, you should pull to the side of the road to protect yourself from curious drivers.
  3. Get the other driver’s information.  If there is another vehicle involved, try to get the following information: Driver’s name, address, driver’s license #, date of birth, vehicle owner’s name, address, vehicle year, make and model, color, license plate #, and insurance company.
  4. Get the name and telephone number of any witnesses.  A witness could be your best defense if you and the other party file conflicting accident reports. The statement from an unrelated third party could be used by the insurance company to help determine whose story is correct. Also, make sure the police understand your side of the story.
  5. Contact your customer service representative.  While it is not necessary for you to call us at the accident scene, you should contact us as soon as possible.
  6. Fill out an operators report.  When there is physical damage over $1,000 or any bodily injury, you must by state law complete and submit the Operators Motor Vehicle Accident Report to the RMV and the local police within 5 days of the accident. You can get a copy of this form by clicking on the ‘forms link’ on our webpage.  This report is very useful because it allows you to draw a diagram of the accident and give your statement as to what happened.
  7. Communicate with us and the company.  If you receive legal documents regarding your accident, you must notify your insurance company. In order for your insurance company to properly represent you, they should be kept up- to-date of any new information.


Plymouth Rock


An Operator Accident Report